pin it button

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Football Fever!

Football season is one of my favorite times of the year. Last night was homecoming for the Springville High School Red Devils. Unfortunately, we lost. One bright spot was an amazing one-handed catch by Dawson and the touchdown he scored. I don't have photos of that yet but I'm hoping the team photographer got some! I'll know in a few days.

In the meantime, I thought I'd share a little football memory from Easton's (Southern Utah University) game last week. They played Sacramento State (ranked #12 in the nation {FCS} before the game). We beat them. WOO HOO! Consequently, the SUU T-Birds moved up to #23.

In that game, Easton had a wonderful catch on 3rd and 17. It was a broken play and Easton continued to create space with his defender until he was open. QB, Brad Sorensen found him in the middle of the field and got him the ball. Just as Easton caught the ball, he was hit from both sides by defenders. His helmet flew off of his head and into the air. As he got up, his legs buckled and down he went. He blacked out for a few seconds but ended up being okay. Thank goodness. He was helped off of the field and was coherent the rest of the game (that's always a good thing). The best news of all: he held onto the ball! Spoken like a true football mom!

I had my camera snapping like crazy during the play. I'm no pro, but I am pretty happy with this progression of photos (click on any photo to see it larger and in more detail). Easton is in the red jersey, #88.

We are headed out to Cedar City to watch the T-Birds take on the University of Texas, San Antonio tonight. Go T-Birds!

5 comments:

cnelson said...

So glad Easton is ok! Way to hang onto the ball! Too bad he is not playing for BYU! ugh! Congrats to both your boys on jobs well done!

Laurel said...

You take the best photos! glad that Easton is ok.

Brenda said...

I am so glad Easton is all right! My sister is a football mom, and she watches the game with her eyes covered - LOL! I lvoe the pictures you took!

Tracey Mason's Studio said...

Yikes! My heart was skipping while reading this. Thank goodness he is ok & way to go hanging onto that ball!
Wowzer.

And as a side note: in addition to my email yesterday. Ethan was a "star kicker" at his football game but he was involved in a "pig pile" and has a bruised/swollen knee. Poor baby. Of course, my husband is proud of his "battle scars". And Ethan proudly said "Pops, it hurt bad but I didn't want you to pull my man card so I just got up and walked off the field" Men.... LOL

Susann said...

Great pictures! I am glad Easton is alright.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails