pin it button

Monday, September 26, 2011

Foiled!



We've been gone this weekend. After Dawson's game on Friday night (they lost 29-28...heart breaker! The good news is that Dawson played well and scored a touchdown), we headed down to Las Vegas to see Easton and the Southern Utah University T-Birds take on the UNLV Runnin' Rebels. UNLV was highly favored but we TROUNCED them! WOO HOO! SUU 44, UNLV 16. I will share a photo of Easton and one of Dawson in a moment.

In the meantime, since I have no art to share (between a weekend of football and canning salsa all day again today), I thought I'd share this fun story. As you can see by the photo at the top of the post, Dawson's room has been 'foiled'. This afternoon the doorbell rang and I almost didn't open it. I wasn't expecting anyone and I had no make-up on, my hair in a pony, and my salsa canning outfit on (we don't need to describe it other than to know that it is NOT vogue). I decided to open the door anyway, and what should I find but 3 beautiful girls from Dawson's school. They all introduced themselves and asked if they could sneak into Dawson's room while he was at football practice. They explained that one of them wanted to ask him to the Sadie Hawkins dance and they had a fun idea. If you think my salsa outfit is bad, you should have seen Dawson's room. Suffice it to say, he is not a great housekeeper! Sheesh, I was embarrassed! Oh well. I let them go in and they pretty much covered everything in sight in foil, including shoes, laundry baskets, the whole bed, the handles on the dresser and bedside table, everything on top of his dresser, even a little bit of dirty laundry on the floor, etc. Then, on top of it all it said, "Don't foil my plans! Go to Sadie Hawkins with me. To find out who I am, start unwrapping." Too cute! I can't wait for him to get home and see it. I think we are going to have to come up with a really creative way to answer.

As promised here are a couple of photos from our football weekend.

Here's Dawson scoring his touchdown (#46 white):
Here's Easton lining up for a play (#88 in the white):
Love me some Pedersen football boys! I promise to post some artwork SOON!

8 comments:

Barb said...

Oh I LOVE this! How fun!? I agree, there has to be an equally fun and shiny reply! Thanks for sharing the fun in your every day! Hugs... Barb

Mary Gunn FUNN said...

Curses, foiled again? Hilarious FUNN!

Unknown said...

these girls are ingenious! Be sure to share the 'creative' response - can't wait to hear! LOL

Laurel said...

Oh cute story! Great football pics and I am sure you look great even in Salsa canning clothes!

cnelson said...

Love those football pics! LOVE the "foiled" idea! Alena is getting ready to ask someone to Sadie's next week...I'll have to pass along this idea. Super cute!

Brenda said...

Look at how fun this is!! I agree - he will love these pages! I'll bet you look quite chic in those canning clothes!

Jamie Harder said...

OH my gosh...how totally FUN!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Now that's just too fun! I love it when the kids get creative!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails