pin it button

Monday, April 20, 2009

Family 6 x 6 Accordion Album




































I promised that I would begin posting a few of the albums I have done that fit the Simple Scrapbook Organizational Sheet that I posted on Saturday, April 18 (email me and I'll be happy to email you a .doc attachment of this form as well as one of the Photo Organization handout from the day before. pedermom@aol.com).

So, here we go! This is a 6 x 6 Accordion Album (Z1195. $3.95) that I made of my family as a Christmas Gift for my parents this past year since they are living away in Washington D.C. for a year.


Here's how it fits the model (you may want to refer to your handout or the post from April 18 as you read this):
1. I made this album to celebrate my family as a gift for my parents who won't see them for a year.
2. I chose to use a 6 x 6 Accordion Album so that they could use it as a display on their bookcase or coffee table.
3. I organized my album by having one photo of the family together and photos of individuals and couples throughout the album.
4. I chose to do a title page (the cover) and a closing page (the back cover, which is the poem) and the rest filler pages.
5. Color scheme: black, colonial white, bamboo (papers from the Silhouette kit X7090B. $12.95, and the Silhouette Creative Basics pack. X5803. $8.95). I had lots of paper left over for other projects.
6. For decorative accents I chose the September Word Puzzle stamp set (D1291, $22.95), with black ink (Z2205. $5.25) and bamboo ink (Z2103. $5.25). I also accented with circle metal rimmed tags (X285. $4.50 for 12 tags, 3 sizes) and silver brads (1759. $4.50 for 100 brads) and the black collection of our designer ribbon rounds (Z1034. $9.95 for 6 different ribbons, 4 ft. of each) and also some of our dimensional elements letters. Love those! Of course I had lots of accents left over for other projects.
7. I chose to do one photo per page and either a side bar, or title topper or bottom border as the page bases to keep it having a unified feel.
8. I needed to find a poem to fit our family for the closing page.
9. I needed a family photo, photos of the boys, and photo of Dan and I and of Kori and Rick.

See how that works? AWESOME! I love this album organizational system and use it quite often. Thanks to Stacey Julian again for creating an awesome system.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails