pin it button

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

One Of My All-Time Fav's


Happy April Fools Day. I hope you have not been a fool! Unfortunately I seem to do something foolish every day and don't even need a holiday to celebrate it. Today I decided to share one of my all-time favorite layouts with you (no foolin'). This is my son, Dawson at age 4 (he'll be 15 in a couple of weeks). I just love that little face! I could not find a chipboard heart as large as I wanted, so I made my own. I just cut a heart out of cranberry cardstock, then adhered it to another piece of cranberry cardstock, cut that out, then another, and again and again until I had about 7 layers. Voila! My own chipboard heart. I then stamped it up with some Close To My Heart border stamps to make my own plaid, sponged a little cranberry ink around the edges and I had the exact chipboard heart I had envisioned without having to settle for something else. I think the only non-Close To My Heart products on this layout are the white and red polka dot ribbon and the chipboard swirls. Have a great rest of the day! Let me know if you know any good April Fools jokes for me to play on my teenage boys. I can't think of a thing.

2 comments:

Lucia said...

Adorable layout. I found your blog from your yahoo post.

Rick and Kori said...

I love this layout and the pic of Dawson is so cute! It makes me sad that he was so little and now he is so big...I don't want Daci to grow up! I can't think of a good April Fool's prank but the boys definitely deserve one so think of a good one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails