pin it button

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Halloween Acrylic Album






Here is another album I made using Stacey Julian's Simple Scrapbook Organization Sheet (refer to my post from Saturday, April 18). Here's how I did it:

PURPOSE
1. I was making this album as a gift for a friend. I just wanted a fun Halloween album that she could add her own photos to.

FORMAT
2. Album Type: I chose to use the Close To My Heart Acrylic Album (Z117. $14.95)
3. Organization: I didn't really choose a special way to organize the album. I just knew I wanted it to be easy for her to add photos to, whether they were all from one Halloween, or from several years of Halloweens.
4. Framework: I did a title page that was also my front cover. The rest of the pages were left blank for photos and journaling that my friend chose to add herself.
5. Color Scheme: Orange, Black, Citrus Leaf, Hydrangea, White Daisy (all Close To My Heart colors)
6. Decorative Accents: Ribbons to match the colors I chose, Black and White Rubons (Nature's Ambiance, Z1097. $9.95 for 3 sheets. Love Letters, Z1098. $9.95 for 3 sheets), October Word Puzzle Stamp Set (D1311, $22.95 f0r 20 stamps), Creepy Cobwebs Stamp Set (D1319, $22.95), Stazon Black Stamp Pad (Z888, $9.95), various buttons I already had on hand in colors to match the book.
7. I chose to use very basic page designs. I kept in mind that it would be fun to have some things showing through the acrylic from another page. I had FUN with this project.

PREPARATION
8. I didn't need to gather any extra information like names, dates, etc. because my friend would be adding this on her own when she put her photos and comments on.
9. I didn't need to gather any photos because again, my friend would be adding her own.

I hope this little photo organization, scrapbook planning and organization and the past couple of days examples of those things have been fun and informative for you and that you might have actually learned something or been inspired by something your read. The scrappin' world is a place I love being and I love sharing my love of it with all of you as well. That was three 'loves' all in one sentence. That might be some kind of record. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Lucia said...

I really like this album Karen.

Francis Family said...

Love the album. I have yet to do anything with my acrylic album, but what a cute idea.

BTW...Lisa had her baby boy Sunday. 9lbs 3oz. his name is Liam Quinn.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails