pin it button

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Headaches and a little Italian man in Rome

I had the worst headache this morning. I was lying in bed with a pillow wrapped around my head thinking, "Wouldn't it be nice not to have a care in the world right now?" What a silly thought. That really wouldn't be much fun at all. But since I had a headache and the littlest thought made my head feel as if it would burst, it didn't seem silly at all. Then a picture flashed in my mind...this one. My daughter, Kori and I were in Rome last October and I just had to take a photo of this man when I saw him. He was sitting on a wall along the side of the Pantheon. He was playing his violin and looked so happy and carefree.

Even though my headache is getting better, I still think a day or two of nowhere to go, nothing to do, and no worries would be pretty nice. Then I would happily go back to real life.

2 comments:

amcgrew said...

You and I are operating on the same thoughts today, sweet friend! I have been so busy lately, going nonstop with all the kid's end of the year activities and CTMH. I never seems to give myself a break. Well, guess what, I actually did this morning! Instead of cleaning the house I spontaneouly walked out the door and went to get a manicure and pedicure!!!!! I sold some cash & carry products at my gathering last night and treated myself! I have never done anything like this before and guess what, I am back home now and I feel refreshed and ready to get back to work!
I hope your headache is much better by the time you read this, Karen!
SMiles,
Amy

Sharli Schaitberger said...

I love your photo of the man with the violin and your thoughts about taking some time for yourself - I think we tend to put ourselves "last" and it does extract a toll on us. Feel better soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails