pin it button

Sunday, May 31, 2009

I didn't raise a chicken!

Some of you may remember my post about Easton and saving the lady who was being beaten. If not check out my post from May 17 (My Hero). I finally made a card I've had in my mind for quite a while that I will be sending him tomorrow. It's kind of silly, but I had fun making it. I hope you enjoy it too!

When E was a little boy, he had TONS of fears. He was afraid of new people, going to the nursery at church, being anywhere where he couldn't see Dan or I close by, swimming, heights, etc. You name it, he was afraid of it. I'll never forget once we went to the library for story time when he was about 4 years old. The story they read was about the Olympics. They had put a piece of masking tape on the floor for the kids to walk on after the story like a balance beam. Easton climbed into my lap and cried and cried because he was so afraid to walk on the piece of tape on the carpet. He's come a long way, baby!

Supplies: (all Close To My Heart): Dutch Blue cardstock and stamp pad, Tulip background and texture paper (from Perfect Day kit), Desert Sand background and texture paper (from Bella kit), Colonial White cardstock, Cocoa stamp pad, Black stamp pad, Tulip stamp pad, 3D foam tape, Chocolate ribbon, Bird Basics stamp set, Argyle Backgrounds stamp set, black legacy writers, white bigger brad.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Another beautiful card, Karen! Your son is an amazing hero....

Jamie Harder said...

I love this one and how perfect for your son!! He will love it!!!

Melissa Laverty said...

Okay, love this card. It is so outside the box & perfect for Easton's heroics! But better yet, when I clicked on your blog, I got to hear Adam L (play that funky music)! I miss AI so much already! Thanks for that treat.

Sheila Bennett said...

What an absolutely adorable chicken!!

Jennifer Bohnart said...

so stinkin' cute! LOVE IT!

Nalazoo said...

Cluck, cluck, CLUCK!!!! That's chicken for...that's totally AWESOME!!!!

Easton - I pray that more people in the world would have your strength to do the right thing and that God will always watch over you.

Nalazoo said...

Karen - I have a present for you on my blog. Helen

Brenda said...

Oh, Karen! You have a great eye for putting things together. What a great card for your Easton, and how proud you should be of him!

Christina said...

LOL, that card is AWESOME and so fitting!!! Great job!

Rick and Kori said...

I forgot how much of a chicken Easton used to be! I remember his first day of Kindergarten and we promised him that I would pick him up outside his classroom door as soon as school was over and I got to him maybe a minute after the bell rang and he was FREAKING OUT because I wasn't there! What a silly kid. I'm so glad he isn't a chicken anymore and that he has grown up to be such a great kid. I love him and am so proud to call him my brother! I love the card and think it is just perfect for him. I hope you told him about all those funny stories in your letter to him :)

Vicki Wizniuk said...

Love your chicken card! I had to take a second look at the bird. I thought it looked familiar, but I had to read your recipe to be sure -- I love how you doodled on it! And I'm guessing that you flipped the stamps over for the feathers. Brilliant! :)

You have a lot to be grateful for, and I bet you are so proud of E!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails